(Redirected from a.w.o.l.)
AWOL (not comparable)
- (military and generic) Absent without official leave (permission).
- The Army had a lot of AWOL soldiers.
absent without permission
AWOL (plural AWOLs)
- (military) Absence without proper authority from the properly appointed place of duty, or from unit, organization, or other place of duty at which one is required to be at the time prescribed.
- (military) A person who holds AWOL status.
- (generic) Somebody who is absent without permission.
- (figuratively) Someone or something missing.
generic: one who is absent without permission