- Misspelling of abhorred.
1992, Peter Hathaway Capstick, The African Adventurers:
- He didn’t like pig sticking and abhored horses.
2004, Edward P. Jones, Lost in the City:
- Despite something in him that abhored backing down from any position, [...]
- 2004, Thomas J Cottle, When the Music Stopped  
- The evening began with a ritual I abhored.
- My parents would have abhored the idea of a dinner guest thanking them by e-mail, a mode of communication, mercifully, neither of them lived long enough to encounter.