- Having a sound, strong body; physically competent; robust; fit for service.
- 1893, Froude, History of England from the Fall of Wolsey to the Defeat of the Spanish Armada:
- A servant determinately idle, leaving his work, or an able-bodied vagrant, roaming the country without means of honest self-support and without seeking employment, was to be brought before the two nearest magistrates.
- (nautical) Capable of performing all requisite duties, as a seaman, specifically in the Royal Navy a rating between leading and ordinary.
having a sound, strong body; physically competent; robust
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.