abstract away (third-person singular simple present abstracts away, present participle abstracting away, simple past and past participle abstracted away)
- to generalize concepts or their application by using abstraction into a more usable form
- State collection and dissemination have been abstracted away from the application by the common-map abstraction.
- Tag files provide a very simple way for content and functionality to be abstracted away from JSP pages and into reusable components.
- (by extension) to omit, ignore
- These details are unnecessary and should be abstracted away.