Audio (US) (file)
- influenced or changed by something
- The affected compass was impossible to use, so we got lost.
- simulated in order to impress
- He spoke with an affected English accent.
- Emotionally moved; touched.
- (algebra, archaic) adfected
- an affected equation
- Resulting from a mostly negative physical effect or transformation
Resulting from a mostly negative physical effect
affected (plural affecteds)
- simple past tense and past participle of
- The thunderstorm affected the compass, and we got lost.