- Influenced or changed by something.
- The affected products had to be recalled.
- Simulated in order to impress.
- He spoke with an affected English accent.
- Emotionally moved; touched.
- 1749, Henry Fielding, Tom Jones:
- Jones […] was easily prevailed on to satisfy Mr Dowling's curiosity, by relating the history of his birth and education, which he did, like Othello. […] Mr Dowling was indeed very greatly affected with this relation; for he had not divested himself of humanity by being an attorney.
- (algebra, archaic) adfected.
- an affected equation
- Resulting from a mostly negative physical effect or transformation.
- artificial, stilted
influenced or changed by something
simulated in order to impress
emotionally moved, touched
adfected — see adfected
resulting from a mostly negative physical effect
affected (plural affecteds)
- simple past tense and past participle of
- The thunderstorm affected the compass, and we got lost.