amble (plural ambles)
an unhurried leisurely walk or stroll
an easy gait, especially that of a horse
- (intransitive) To stroll or walk slowly and leisurely.
- (intransitive) Of a quadruped: to move along by using both legs on one side, and then the other.
- (walk slowly and leisurely): saunter
to stroll or walk slowly and leisurely
of a horse: to move along by using both legs on one side, and then the other
- ^ Funk, W. J., Word origins and their romantic stories, New York, Wilfred Funk, Inc.
- first-person singular present indicative of
- third-person singular present indicative of
- first-person singular present subjunctive of
- third-person singular present subjunctive of
- second-person singular imperative of