americano (plural americanos)
- a drink made of espresso coffee diluted with hot water
- a cocktail made with Campari, sweet vermouth, and club soda
drink made of espresso diluted with hot water
- (Classical) IPA(key): /a.me.riˈkaː.noː/, [ämɛɾɪˈkäːnoː]
- (Ecclesiastical) IPA(key): /a.me.riˈka.no/, [ɑmɛriˈkɑːnɔ]
- American (native of the Americas)
- American (native or citizen of the United States of America)
- caffè americano
- American (a native of the Americas)
- American (a native of the United States)
- someone who became rich in the Americas and returned to his country
- Definition 1 is the common meaning.
- Definition 2 is more modern and imported from English. It is more commonly used in Spain than in the Americas.
- Definition 3 is very rarely used, the term indiano being more common.
- It is primarily in the United States where americano is currently used in reference to the United States. Otherwise, in Spanish americano is always used in reference to the Americas. For the United States (country) in particular, the more precise term is estadounidense.
- The usage of the term norteamericano in reference to the United States is not strictly speaking, correct, as this term technically refers to North America (which includes Canada, United States, Mexico, and many other nations); however, it is very commonly used in reference to the U.S.
- barra americana
- bisonte americano
- cinta americana
- fútbol americano
- inglés americano
- león americano
- nativo americano
- Samoa Americana
- samoano americano
- sicomoro americano
- sueño americano
- unión americana