- Wearing or grinding down by friction.
- The gradual reduction in a tangible or intangible resource due to causes that are passive and do not involve productive use of the resource.
- (human resources) A gradual, natural reduction in membership or personnel, as through retirement, resignation, or death.
- (sciences) The loss of participants during an experiment.
- (theology) Imperfect contrition or remorse.
- (dentistry) The wearing of teeth due to their grinding.
- (linguistics) The loss of a first or second language or a portion of that language.
wearing by friction
the gradual reduction in a tangible or intangible resource due to causes that are passive
reduction in membership
the loss of participants during an experiment
imperfect contrition or remorse
wearing of teeth
the loss of a first or second language or a portion of that language
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- (employment reduction by natural causes): natural wastage