authoring (plural authorings)
- The process of creating the content of a document or other content item, i.e., writing or composition.
- The result of this process; a writing or composition.
The sense of the process of composition is very common in computing and multimedia. Also often in attribution: an authoring tool, i.e. a tool used for authoring.
- 1995, Hazel Henderson, Paradigms in Progress 
- Hence our readings and subsequent authorings tend to be partial and one sided, [...]
- 1999, Edward W Soja, Postmetropolis 
- While these authorings have not gone uncontested, unopposed, unresisted, they have been hegemonic.
- 2003, A. Robert Lee, Multicultural American Literature 
- English-language authorings offer a complement.
- 2004, Lee Purcell, Making DVDs 
- The DVD authoring in this process relies on providing a digital master of the video and a time-coded VHS cassette to the person handling the authoring.