backspace (plural backspaces)
- The key on a typewriter that moves the head one position backwards.
- (computing) A keyboard key used for removing a character behind the cursor, and moving the cursor one position backwards.
- (computing) A non-printable text character representing a backspace.
- Synonym: \b
Derived terms edit
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
- (computing) To remove a character behind a cursor.
- (computing) To move a magnetic tape to a previous block.
remove a character
See also edit
backspace m (plural backspaces)
- backspace (computer key)