backstage (not comparable)
behind a stage
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
backstage (plural backstages)
- The area behind a stage out of view of the audience where performers wait to give their show; especially that of the dressing rooms.
- The private portion of the space used by a business or enterprise.
- 2013, Raymond Fisk, Stephen Grove, & Joby John, Services Marketing Interactive Approach, →ISBN, page 73:
- Another broad issue regarding the physical setting involves decisions about the setting's frontstage and backstage.
the area behind the stage
backstage m (invariable)