ballpark (plural ballparks)
- (US) A field, stadium or park where ball, especially baseball, is played.
- (US, figuratively) The general vicinity; somewhere close; a broad approximation.
- Let’s get in the ballpark, then worry about the fine details.
ballpark (not comparable)
- To make a rough estimate of.
- If you don’t have the exact expense total, just ballpark it.
- 8 August 2018, Ignatiy Vishnevetsky in AV Club, Jason Statham fighting a giant shark should be a lot more fun than The Meg
- science has deduced the following: that megalodon was the biggest and baddest of all sharks and, less cinematically, that it had a lower intestine not unlike that of some modern shark species. Scientists estimate its length at around 40 to 50 feet, Alten’s novel bumps it up to 65 feet, and the movie ballparks it at “75 to 90 feet.”