- bang-on (adjective)
- Precisely accurate; exactly appropriate or fitting; spot on.
2005, June A. Valladares, Ideate with June A. Valladares, page 77:
- So I can truly say that God's Perfect Timing is more bang-on than GMT or IST or EST or any other manmade time —He is never too early and He is never too late!
2009, Steven Manners, Valley of Fire, page 22:
- “ […] A case of gambling addiction — what could be more bang on in a place like Las Vegas?”
- (idiomatic, Britain, Australia) Exactly at
I managed to arrive bang on five o’clock.
She’s bang on the dot, as usual.
- (idiomatic, Britain, Australia, usually pejorative) To constantly talk about.
2014 February 24, “CNN axes Piers Morgan Live with final show due to air next month as British presenter admits Americans 'tired of hearing me bang on about gun control'”, in Daily Mail, retrieved 29 July 2014:
- Morgan said: ‘Look, I am a British guy debating American cultural issues, including guns, which has been very polarising, and there is no doubt that there are many in the audience who are tired of me banging on about it.'
I started recycling, just so she’d stop banging on about it to me.