- To deliver a testimony, especially as witness
- He hesitated to bear witness against them in court for fear of reprisals by the fellons' accomplices
- To prove, demonstrate
- The dubious state of the whole society bears witness of years of misrule
2017 July 7, Ignatiy Vishnevetsky, “The ambitious War For The Planet Of The Apes ends up surrendering to formula”, in The Onion AV Club:
- In stretches, this new Apes is an audacious, idiosyncratic piece of blockbuster filmmaking: a mix of Pixar, revenge Westerns, and Apocalypse Now, told almost entirely from the point-of-view of a posse of gun-toting, super-evolved apes as they roam the snowy Sierra Nevada foothills of the post-apocalyptic future, accompanied by a mute human girl, and bear witness to the strange cruelty of man.
- (deliver a testimony) testify