- To deliver a testimony, especially as witness
- He hesitated to bear witness against them in court for fear of reprisals by the felons' accomplices
- To prove, demonstrate
- The dubious state of the whole society bears witness of years of misrule
- 2017 July 7, Ignatiy Vishnevetsky, “The ambitious War For The Planet Of The Apes ends up surrendering to formula”, in The Onion AV Club:
- In stretches, this new Apes is an audacious, idiosyncratic piece of blockbuster filmmaking: a mix of Pixar, revenge Westerns, and Apocalypse Now, told almost entirely from the point-of-view of a posse of gun-toting, super-evolved apes as they roam the snowy Sierra Nevada foothills of the post-apocalyptic future, accompanied by a mute human girl, and bear witness to the strange cruelty of man.
- (deliver a testimony) testify