See also: Birdie
- birdy (rare)
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈbɝdi/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈbɜːdi/
Audio (AU) (file)
- Hyphenation: bird‧ie
- Rhymes: -ɜː(ɹ)di
birdie (plural birdies)
- (diminutive) A (little) bird; a birdling.
- Aw, that's a cute little birdie. Is it a budgie?
- (golf) The completion of a hole one stroke below par.
- He scored ten birdies during the tournament.
- (badminton) A shuttlecock.
- (Philippines, slang) A man's penis.
- (electronics) An electromagnetic signal generated from within an electronic device.
- (usually preceded by "the") A certain rude gesture in some countries, formed with the middle finger.
- (usually preceded by "the") A certain rude gesture in some countries, formed with the middle and index fingers.
- (diminutive for bird): cocky
badminton: shuttlecock — see shuttlecock
electromagnetic signal generated from within a device
rude gesture with the middle and index fingers
- (intransitive, golf) To score a birdie.
- Sörenstam birdied to take the lead.
- (transitive, golf) To score a birdie.
- Sörenstam birdied the seventeenth hole to take the lead.
birdie m (plural birdies)