birthright (plural birthrights)
- Something owed since birth, due to inheritance.
- 1973, Robinson Jeffers (lyrics), “California Saga (The Beaks Of Eagles)”, in Holland, performed by The Beach Boys:
- Though it's the birthright of man to unify and live his life as one / A whisper of the word will let you soar with your soul
- 2017 July 16, Brandon Nowalk, “Chickens and dragons come home to roost on Game Of Thrones (newbies)”, in The Onion AV Club:
- But a practically solo sequence of Dany walking through her old empty house without saying anything for minutes on end is, let’s say, a lot to ask of Emilia Clarke. She’s back at Dragonstone to reclaim her birthright, the seven or so kingdoms.
something that is owed since birth, due to inheritance