- The act by which something is blocked; an obstruction.
- blocking of major opposition sites
- Oliver Sacks, Awakenings
- Miss H.'s voice was clear and intelligible, although it alternated between vocal blockings and extreme vocal hurry, every clause being jetted out suddenly, and rapidly decaying into aphonia.
- (theater) The precise movement and positioning of actors on a stage in order to facilitate the performance of a play, ballet, film or opera (originally planned using miniature blocks).
- Blocks used to support (a building, etc.) temporarily.
- (computing) A feature that prevents a keyboard from registering multiple simultaneous keypresses that would cause ghosting.
- 2011, John St. Clair, Project Arcade: Build Your Own Arcade Machine, page 218:
- Examine your matrix map, and make sure that no three keystrokes form a rectangle with a fourth keystroke that will cause you problems. This prevents both ghosting and blocking.
the act of blocking