- The act by which something is blocked; an obstruction.
- blocking of major opposition sites
- The precise movement and positioning of actors in order to facilitate a performance(originally planned using miniature blocks).
- Blocks used to support (a building, etc.) temporarily.
- (computing) A feature that prevents a keyboard from registering multiple simultaneous keypresses that would cause ghosting.
- 2011, John St. Clair, Project Arcade: Build Your Own Arcade Machine, page 218:
- Examine your matrix map, and make sure that no three keystrokes form a rectangle with a fourth keystroke that will cause you problems. This prevents both ghosting and blocking.
the act of blocking
block used for temporary support