- present participle of
blocking (plural blockings)
- The act by which something is blocked; an obstruction.
- blocking of major opposition sites
- Oliver Sacks, Awakenings
- Miss H.'s voice was clear and intelligible, although it alternated between vocal blockings and extreme vocal hurry, every clause being jetted out suddenly, and rapidly decaying into aphonia.
- (theater) The precise movement and positioning of actors on a stage in order to facilitate the performance of a play, ballet, film or opera (originally planned using miniature blocks).
- Blocks used to support (a building, etc.) temporarily.