- Eye dialect spelling of blue.
- 1870, Various, Punchinello Vol. 1, No. 21, August 20, 1870:
- Another chap had got my jack-nife, and was amusin' hisself by slashin' holes in my bloo cotton umbreller, which two other Muskeeters had shoved up, and was a settin' under, engaged in tyin' my panterloon legs into hard nots.
- 1902, Alfred Lewis, Wolfville Nights:
- "'That's whatever!' assents this marshal gent, 'an' you can gamble a bloo stack that hangin' you is a bet we ain't none likely to overlook.
- 1918, J. Arthur Gibbs, A Cotswold Village:
- The Consarvatives painted thurselves bloo, and the Radicals yaller, an' thay as danced the longest, the Roomans sent to Parlyment to rool the roost.
- Eye dialect spelling of blew.
- 1838, William Makepeace Thackeray, Memoirs of Mr. Charles J. Yellowplush:
- I stayed there sicks years; from sicks, that is to say, till my twelth year, during three years of witch I distinguished myself not a little in the musicle way, for I bloo the bellus of the church horgin, and very fine tunes we played too.