- The state or characteristic of being a boor or of being boorish; boorish behaviour.
- 1888, George Gissing, chapter 8, in A Life's Morning:
- No refinement in him would now have surprised her; but neither would any outbreak of boorishness.
- 1913, Edgar Rice Burroughs, chapter 21, in The Return of Tarzan:
- From the first the Russian had exhibited every trait of his true character—selfishness, boorishness, arrogance, cowardice, and lust.
- 2009, "Nevermore With Jeffrey Combs As Edger Allan Poe Taps Every Emotion," Beverly Hills Courier, 31 July (retrieved 17 Aug. 2009):
- Unfortunately, there were moments of pure indulgence, drunken boorishness and rambling unintelligible poetry midway through the evening.