See also: Borked
- (slang) Particularly of computers or other complex devices: broken, damaged, out of order.
- 2012, Ben Conry, “Troubleshooting Storage Devices, Motherboards, and Power Supplies”, in 31 Days before Your CompTIA A+ Exams, 2nd edition, Indianapolis, Ind.: Cisco Press, →ISBN, page 129:
- Diagnosing a "borked" motherboard can be an exercise in frustration. If an accidental static discharge damaged some of the electronic components on the board, it may be next to impossible to trace down the exact fault.
- 2017 October 4, Chris Merriman, “Indiana Couple Defraud Amazon to the Tune of $1.2m … and You’ve been Done”, in The Inquirer, archived from the original on 5 October 2017:
- Using hundreds of false identities, the couple ordered electronics, including GoPro digital cameras, Microsoft Xboxes and Samsung smartwatches, then claimed that they were borked in some way. The couple then demanded replacements, before selling them on to a third party, […]
- simple past tense and past participle of .