busy as a bee
- (simile) Very active; working constantly.
- 1872 — Johanna Spyri, Heidi, ch. 16 (translated)
- Heidi ran backwards and forwards as busy as a bee and brought out everything she could find in the cupboard, for she did not know how to be pleased enough that she could help to entertain the doctor.
- 1914 — A. E. W. Mason, The Witness for the Defence, ch. XVIII
- There was his father bending over his papers at his writing-table before the window, busy as a bee no doubt at some new enthusiasm which was destined to infuriate his neighbours.