- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈbʌtˌhɝt/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈbʌtˌhɜːt/
- Hyphenation: butt‧hurt
- (slang) Overly annoyed or bothered by a perceived insult; needlessly offended.
- Don't get so butthurt; it was just a joke.
- (slang) Upset caused by a perceived insult or injustice.
- He's just full of butthurt because he wasn't allowed to join the society.
2015, J. S. Frankel, Picture (im)perfect, page 138:
- The amount of butthurt in this scenario was phenomenal […]
(slang) upset caused by a perceived insult or injustice