canoe (plural canoes)
- A small long and narrow boat, propelled by one or more people (depending on the size of canoe), using single-bladed paddles. The paddlers face in the direction of travel, in either a seated position, or kneeling on the bottom of the boat. Canoes are open on top, and pointed at both ends.
- 1886 January, The Antiquary: A Magazine Devoted to the Study of the Past, volume XIII, number 73, page 135:
- The canoe is of pure black oak, and is in excellent preservation.
- (slang) An oversize, usually older, luxury car.
- (gambling) Any of the deflectors positioned around a roulette wheel, shaped like upside-down boats.
small long and narrow boat
slang: an oversized luxury car
to ride or paddle a canoe
Derived terms Edit
See also Edit
Further reading Edit
- plural of
canoe f (plural canoe)