carrot cruncher (plural carrot crunchers)
- (Britain, slang, derogatory) Someone from a rural background.
- 2006 Will Self, The Book of Dave
- Symun Devush, the carrot-cruncher, the hick from the sticks, who, when he'd arrived at the gaol, had no more conception of the city he found himself in than a worm does of the apple ...
- 2008 Sally Worboyes, Handbags And Gladrags
- 'Me having an up to date style even though I've turned into a carrot cruncher. A country bumpkin.' Nathan giggled. 'Country bumpkin? I don't think so.'
- 2010 Cameron Addicott, The Interceptor
- At least I come from a part of the world that has got a football team; you're a friggn'[sic] carrot cruncher and you support the bloody scally's[sic].