celebrity (plural celebrities)
- (obsolete) A rite or ceremony. [17th-18th c.]
- (uncountable) Fame, renown; the state of being famous or talked-about. [from 17th c.]
- A person who has a high degree of recognition by the general population for his or her success or accomplishments; a famous person (Wikipedia). [from 19th c.]
- (fame): big name, distinction, eminence, renown
- (person who has a high degree of recognition): big name, star, (informal) celeb, luminary, notable (noun)
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked