- A room, especially in a gym, sports center, school, swimming pool, etc, designed for people to change their clothes.
- We changed into our swimsuits in the changing room next to the pool.
- Synonyms: dressing room, (US, CA) locker room
- 2012, Andrew Martin, Underground Overground: A passenger's history of the Tube, Profile Books, →ISBN, page 104:
- John Betjeman would later recall that the railway 'smelt of feet', and the carriages may have continued to smell of feet after they were taken out of service in the 1920s because some of them found use as changing rooms beside the playing fields of southern England.
- A room or enclosure, e.g. in a clothes shop, where people try on clothes they are interested in buying.
- Synonym: fitting room
room in gym, sports center, etc.
room in shop