See also: checkoff
- (US, often used without "off") To mark items on a list (with a checkmark or by crossing them out) that have been chosen for keeping or removal or that have been dealt with (for example, completed or verified as correct or satisfactory); to tick off (UK), tick (UK), cross off, strike off.
- Check off the items on the list that interest you.
- Check off the items that you've checked (inspected).
- Check off the correct answer to each question.
I completed the task, please check me off the list.
- To carry out a decision recorded through the process of checking off an item on a list, including dealing with it, removing it from the possible choices, or removing the not checked items from further consideration.
- To deduct union members' dues from their wages.