See also: civicminded
- Concerned about and supportive of policies and practices that serve the interests of society.
- 1901, George Gissing, chapter 18, in Our Friend the Charlatan:
- "You have to teach ‘Blessed are the civic-minded, for they shall profit by their civism.’"
- 1993 Sept. 19, William Safire, "On Language: Linguaclip ," New York Times (retrieved 21 April 2014):
- [W]hen the "H.O.V. lane" is activated . . . a lane is reserved for these civic-minded, traffic-reducing car poolers.
- 2008 June 30, Jeremy Caplan, "The Citizen Watchdogs of Web 2.0," Time (retrieved 21 April 2014):
- Civic-minded techies are increasingly bringing Web 2.0 to political activism, developing new watchdog tools that open up congressional machinery for ordinary citizens to scrutinize and critique.
- civic-minded at OneLook Dictionary Search