Last modified on 9 October 2013, at 19:40
class warfare (uncountable)
- (pejorative, idiomatic) The efforts of levelers promoting a greater financial contribution from the rich for the general benefit of the masses
- 1906, John Spargo, The Socialists, page 71
- To end this class warfare is the conscious aim of the Socialist movement.
- 1994, Charles M. Kelly, The Great Limbaugh Con: and other right-wing assaults on common sense, page 79
- There's been a marked increase lately in Limbaugh's rhetoric about, of all things, class warfare.
- 2004, Paula S. Rothenberg, Race, class, and gender in the United States: an integrated study, page 590
- It is class warfare under the theory of 'let's get the rich guy, the richest 1 percent. ... Once again, we are engaging in classic class warfare.
- Spanish: guerra social f, lucha de clases f
- Volapük: komip bevü sogäts