- Dated form of cocaine.
1822, American Medical Association, Transactions of the Section on Laryngology, Otology and Rhinology, page 182:
- But in those cases in which the application of cocain would relieve the symptoms, we are sure to get good results […]
- 1905, Dental Society of the State of New York, Transactions of the Dental Society of the State of New York (volumes 37-40, page 106)
- My attention was called to this many years ago, very shortly after the introduction of cocain as a local anesthetic.
- 1914, Transactions of the Section on Genito-Urinary Diseases of the American Medical Association, page 80:
- After opening the bladder (incision extending 1 inch pubically from peritoneal fold) the prostate was was injected deeply with 1 per cent. cocain while the pericapsular region was injected with the 1 : 400 novocain solution.