- To work together with others to achieve a common goal.
- Let's collaborate on this project, and get it finished faster.
- To voluntarily cooperate treasonably, as with an enemy occupation force in one's country.
- If you collaborate with the occupying forces, you will be shot.
to work together on a piece of work
to cooperate treasonably
- “collaborate” in The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition, Boston, Mass.: Houghton Mifflin, 2000, →ISBN.
- “collaborate” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, Dictionary.com, LLC, 1995–present.
- "collaborate" in the Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary (Beta Version), K Dictionaries limited, 2000-2006.
- "collaborate" in WordNet 2.0, Princeton University, 2003.