See also: come on
- come on (noun)
- (General American, Canada, cot–caught merger) IPA(key): /ˈkʌmˌɑn/
- (Southern American English) IPA(key): /ˈkʌmˌɔn/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈkʌmˌɒn/
- Something intended to attract, as in an advertisement.
- The free offers are just come-ons to get you in the store so the sales staff can work on you.
- A statement or sometimes action reflecting sexual or romantic interest.
- I thought he'd asked me to lunch to discuss business; I wasn't expecting a come-on.