See also: conciërge
concierge (plural concierges)
- One who attends to the wishes of hotel guests.
- (Britain) One who attends to the maintenance of a building and provides services to its tenants and visitors.
one who attends to the slightest desire of hotel guests
one who attends to the maintenance of a building and provides services to its tenants and guests
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
concierge m (plural concierges)
- house-porter, doorkeeper, caretaker
- (US) janitor, custodian
- lodge-keeper of a château
- keeper, jailor (prison)
- “concierge” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).