- The act of preserving, guarding, or protecting; the keeping (of a thing) in a safe or entire state; preservation.
- Wise use of natural resources.
- (biology) The discipline concerned with protection of biodiversity, the environment, and natural resources
- (biology) Genes and associated characteristics of biological organisms that are unchanged by evolution, for example similar or identical nucleic acid sequences or proteins in different species descended from a common ancestor
- (culture) The protection and care of cultural heritage, including artwork and architecture, as well as historical and archaeological artifacts
- (physics) lack of change in a measurable property of an isolated physical system (conservation of energy, mass, momentum, electric charge, subatomic particles, and fundamental symmetries)
The act of preserving, guarding, or protecting
the discipline concerned with protection of biodiversity, the environment, and natural resources
A wise use of natural resources
(biology) gene sequences or structures that are not changed in evolution
conservation f (plural conservations)
- “conservation” in Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).