- The act of eating, drinking or using.
- The consumption of snails as food is more common in France than in England.
- The amount consumed.
- gross national consumption
- The act of consuming or destroying.
- The fire's consumption of the forest caused ecological changes.
- 1963 February, “Diesel locomotive faults and their remedies”, in Modern Railways, page 99:
- Driving methods have a direct bearing on fuel consumption with every type of motive power.
- (pathology) The wasting away of the human body through disease.
- (pathology, dated) Pulmonary tuberculosis and other diseases that cause wasting away, lung infection, etc.
the act of consuming something
the amount consumed
wasting-away of the human body through disease
pulmonary tuberculosis — see pulmonary tuberculosis
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.