cornflower (plural cornflowers)
- A small annual plant in the family Asteraceae, Centaurea cyanus, usually with bushy blue flowers which grows natively in European cornfields (i.e. wheatfields).
- A plant of the species Cichorium intybus.
- A color, cornflower blue.
- (Centaurea cyanus): bachelor's button, basket flower, bluebottle, boutonniere flower, hurtsickle
- (Cichorium intybus): common chicory, blue daisy, blue dandelion, blue sailor, blue weed, coffeeweed, chicory button, hendibeh, horseweed, ragged sailor, succory, wild bachelor's button, wild endive
cornflower (not comparable)
Derived terms edit
See also edit
- (blues) blue; Alice blue, aqua, aquamarine, azure, baby blue, beryl, bice, bice blue, blue green, blue violet, blueberry, cadet blue, Cambridge blue, cerulean, cobalt blue, Copenhagen blue, cornflower, cornflower blue, cyan, dark blue, Dodger blue, duck-egg blue, eggshell blue, electric blue, gentian blue, ice blue, lapis lazuli, light blue, lovat, mazarine, midnight blue, navy, Nile blue, Oxford blue, peacock blue, petrol blue, powder blue, Prussian blue, robin's-egg blue, royal blue, sapphire, saxe blue, slate blue, sky blue, teal, turquoise, ultramarine, Wedgwood blue, zaffre (Category: en:Blues)