cosmographer (plural cosmographers)
- (astrophysics) A scientist specializing in understanding and describing the nature of the universe.
- (obsolete) Someone who describes the world; a geographer or anthropologist.
- 1603, John Florio, transl.; Michel de Montaigne, The Essayes, […], printed at London: […] Edward Blount […], OCLC 946730821:, II.12:
- And if it be (as Cosmographers report) that there are Nations, who receive and admit a Dogge to be their King, it must necessarily follow, that they give a certaine interpretations to his voice and moving.
scientist specializing in understanding and describing the nature of the universe
(obsolete) someone who describe the world
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.