countersign (plural countersigns)
- (law) A second signature added to a document to affirm the validity of the signature of the first person.
- The response to a sign or signal.
- Only those who give the countersign may enter the Masonic Lodge.
- (transitive) To sign on the opposite side of (a document).
- (transitive, by extension) To add a second signature to a document, affirming the validity of the signature of another person.
add a second signature
- countersign (legal) on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- countersign (military) on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- "countersign" at dict.org