- crecer (obsolete)
- (Portugal) IPA(key): /kɾɨʃ.ˈseɾ/
- (Brazil) IPA(key): /kɾe.ˈse(ʁ)/
- (Paulista) IPA(key): [kɾe.ˈse(ɾ)], -(ɹ)
- (South Brazil) IPA(key): [kɾe.ˈse(ɾ)], -(ɻ)
- (Carioca, Nordestino) IPA(key): [kɾe.ˈse(χ)]
- Hyphenation: cres‧cer
- (intransitive) to grow (become bigger or taller)
- (intransitive) to grow up (to become older)
- (intransitive) to grow in number or extent
- (intransitive) to become more important (within a group or context)
Seus comentários fizeram-na crescer na política internacional.
- Her comments made her more notorious in international politics.
Conjugation of the Portuguese -er verb crescer
For usage examples of this term, see Citations:crescer.