See also: Dancy
- (of music, informal) Suitable for dancing to.
- After a few slow numbers, the band moved on to some more dancy tunes.
1951, Billboard - May 12, 1951, page 10:
- This was the swingingest, danciest Ellington heard by most in a decade.
1954, Collier's Illustrated Weekly - Volume 133, page 56:
- TOLBERT BIGAMY JONES was the danciest cowboy in our part of west Texas.
1988 July 15, Sarah Kaufman, “Dance & More for $1.98”, in Chicago Reader:
- Joseph Holmes Dance Theatre member Darrian Ford and JHDT instructor Winifred Haun teamed up in Long Lunch, the danciest piece on the program.
- (heraldry) Alternative form of