dark blue (countable and uncountable, plural dark blues)
- A deep, dim blue colour: navy or similar.
- (UK, rowing) A member of the Oxford rowing team.
- Coordinate term: light blue
- 2018, Will Wyatt, Oxford Boy: A Post-War Townie Childhood
- The university did not touch my world directly but you couldn't be a boy in Oxford without supporting the dark blues against the Cambridge light blues, in the boat race […]
- (blues) blue; Alice blue, aqua, aquamarine, azure, baby blue, beryl, bice, bice blue, blue green, blue violet, blueberry, cadet blue, Cambridge blue, cerulean, cobalt blue, Copenhagen blue, cornflower, cornflower blue, cyan, dark blue, Dodger blue, duck-egg blue, eggshell blue, electric-blue, gentian blue, ice blue, lapis lazuli, light blue, lovat, mazarine, midnight blue, navy, Nile blue, Oxford blue, peacock blue, petrol blue, powder blue, Prussian blue, robin's-egg blue, royal blue, sapphire, saxe blue, slate blue, sky blue, teal, turquoise, ultramarine, Wedgwood blue, zaffre (Category: en:Blues)