- (transitive) to show how to use (something).
- Can you demonstrate the new tools for us?
- 1987, February 8, Richard Zachs, "Candy is dandy (though maybe not liquor) - so for this Valentine's Day, video may be a whole lot more fun", The New York Daily News
- In this tape, a velvet-voiced narrator provides a stroke-by-stroke guide to massaging your partner. As she speaks, comely nude couples demonstrate.
- to show the steps taken to create a logical argument or equation.
- (intransitive) to participate in or organize a demonstration.
- Those people outside are demonstrating against the election results.
- (transitive) to show, display, or present; to prove or make evident
- 2016, David A. Graham, “Donald Trump's Disastrous Debate”, in The Atlantic, page http://www.theatlantic.com/liveblogs/2016/10/second-presidential-debate-clinton-trump/503495/:
- The debate was not long on policy, as questions about the Affordable Care Act and the war in Syria demonstrated.
conjugation of demonstrate
|present||I demonstrate||we demonstrate||I am demonstrating||we are demonstrating||I have demonstrated||we have demonstrated||I have been demonstrating||we have been demonstrating|
|you demonstrate||you demonstrate||you are demonstrating||you are demonstrating||you have demonstrated||you have demonstrated||you have been demonstrating||you have been demonstrating|
|he demonstrates||they demonstrate||he is demonstrating||they are demonstrating||he has demonstrated||they have demonstrated||he has been demonstrating||they have been demonstrating|
|past||I demonstrated||we demonstrated||I was demonstrating||we were demonstrating||I had demonstrated||we had demonstrated||I had been demonstrating||we had been demonstrating|
|you demonstrated||you demonstrated||you were demonstrating||you were demonstrating||you had demonstrated||you had demonstrated||you had been demonstrating||you had been demonstrating|
|he demonstrated||they demonstrated||he was demonstrating||they were demonstrating||he had demonstrated||they had demonstrated||he had been demonstrating||they had been demonstrating|
|future||I will demonstrate||we will demonstrate||I will be demonstrating||we will be demonstrating||I will have demonstrated||we will have demonstrated||I will have been demonstrating||we will have been demonstrating|
|you will demonstrate||you will demonstrate||you will be demonstrating||you will be demonstrating||you will have demonstrated||you will have demonstrated||you will have been demonstrating||you will have been demonstrating|
|he will demonstrate||they will demonstrate||he will be demonstrating||they will be demonstrating||he will have demonstrated||they will have demonstrated||he will have been demonstrating||they will have been demonstrating|
|conditional||I would demonstrate||we would demonstrate||I would be demonstrating||we would be demonstrating||I would have demonstrated||we would have demonstrated||I would have been demonstrating||we would have been demonstrating|
|you would demonstrate||you would demonstrate||you would be demonstrating||you would be demonstrating||you would have demonstrated||you would have demonstrated||you would have been demonstrating||you would have been demonstrating|
|he would demonstrate||they would demonstrate||he would be demonstrating||they would be demonstrating||he would have demonstrated||they would have demonstrated||he would have been demonstrating||they would have been demonstrating|
to show how to use something
to show the steps taken to create a logical argument or equation
to participate in a demonstration
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- present adverbial passive participle of demonstri
- adverbial present passive participle of demonstrar