See also: Devisen
devisen pl (plural only)
- (finance, uncommon) Foreign currency.
- 1930, The Execution of the Experts’ Plan: Fifth Annuity Year and Transition Period, September 1, 1928 to May 17, 1930, page 110:
- […] in February there was a moderate decline in its holdings of devisen, and in March there was a loss of both devisen and gold.
- 1992, Kenneth A. Oye, Economic Discrimination and Political Exchange, →ISBN, page 107:
- The central monetary powers were obligated to maintain existing parities and convertibility of their currencies by contracting their domestic money supply and shipping gold if under pressure and by offering credits, intervening on foreign exchange markets, and refraining from liquidating devisen to support other currencies under pressure.
Middle English edit
- Alternative form of