Coined as "dirtypillows" by Stephen King in the novel Carrie (1974); see citation below.
- (slang, generally plural) A breast, especially a woman's breast.
- 1999, Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me (film)
- Sorry, love. I got stuck in your dirty pillows.
- 2010, Sarah Harvey, Plastic, Victoria, BC: Orca Book Publishers, →ISBN, pages 1–2:
- Boobs, bazongas, bazookas, big berthas, blouse bunnies, boulders, buds, cannons, chubbies, coconuts, the devil's dumplings, dirty pillows, flesh melons, fun bags [...] Number of words I know for breasts: one hundred and thirty-eight, and counting.
- Used other than figuratively or idiomatically: see dirty, pillow.
- 1863 August, “Way down in Dixie”, in The Knickerbocker, volume 62, page 144:
- the patient did not wake, but tossed about on the dirty pillow, and grew hotter every moment.