- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌdɪskənˈsɜːt/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌdɪskənˈsɝt/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- (transitive) To upset the composure of.
- (transitive) To bring into confusion.
- (transitive) To frustrate, discomfit.
- The emperor disconcerted the plans of his enemy.
Derived terms edit
upset the composure
bring into confusion
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- A state of disunion.