- disordre (obsolete)
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /dɪsˈɔːdə(ɹ)/
- (General American) IPA(key): /dɪsˈɔːɹdɚ/
Audio (GA) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɔː(r)də(r)
- Hyphenation: dis‧or‧der
- Absence of order; state of not being arranged in an orderly manner.
After playing the children left the room in disorder.
- A disturbance of civic peace or of public order.
The class was thrown into disorder when the teacher left the room
The army tried to prevent disorder when claims the elections had been rigged grew stronger.
- (medicine, countable) A physical or psychical malfunction.
Bulimia is an eating disorder.
- (absence of order): chaos, entropy; see also Thesaurus:disorder
- (disturbance of civic peace): See also Thesaurus:riot
Terms derived from disorder
absence of order
disturbance of civic order or of public order
physical or psychical malfunction
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
to knock out of order or sequence