domination (plural dominations)
- The act of dominating; exercise of power in ruling; dominion; supremacy; authority, often when arbitrary or insolent.
- In such a people, the haughtiness of domination combines with the spirit of freedom.
- A ruling party; a party in power.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Burke to this entry?)
- A high order of angels in the celestial hierarchy.
- Thrones, dominations, princedoms, virtues, powers.
act of dominating
- domination in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- domination in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
domination f (plural dominations)
- (domination): soumission
Read in another language
This page is available in 24 languages