easier said than done
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) Easy to propose, but difficult to accomplish.
- 1858, Thomas Carlyle, History of Friedrich II of Prussia, called Frederick the Great, volume 1, page 288:
- Which is a thing more easily said, than made good in the way of doing.
- 2012 June 19, Phil McNulty, “England 1-0 Ukraine”, in BBC Sport:
- Scott Parker was desperately urging England's players to keep possession - but it was easier said than done amid waves of Ukraine attacks and it needed a penalty area block from the Tottenham midfield man to thwart Devic.
easy to propose, but difficult to accomplish