- The Finnish title and/or job title used of graduates in economics or business administration (usage has varied; see usage notes below).
- (Since 1980) Master of Business Administration, Master of Economic Sciences
- (Prior to 1980) Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Economic Sciences
- (Common loose usage) economist (talousmies, ekonomisti).
- In Finland, the use of titles in addressing and talking about people is widespread, and titles are created for many professions and the holders of most degrees. The best translation in English would be to say "s/he has an MBA" (or BBA).
- Before 1980, the term ekonomi was the name of the Finnish bachelor's degree in business administration and economics (called either Bachelor of Economic Sciences [B.Sc. (Econ.)] or Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] in English-speaking countries). From 1980 to 1995, it was the name of the equivalent master's degree. Since 1995, it is a title and job title that graduates with an MBA are entitled to use. The term is of course still used of and by graduates who received the equivalent bachelor's degree prior to 1980. In addition, the term was and is widely used in ordinary language to refer to experts in economics, in other words economists (ekonomistit).
Declension of ekonomi