- Seniority; the state or condition of being older.
- 1786, Thomas Parnell, The Poetical Works of Dr. Thomas Parnell:
- Though Truth and Falsehood are as twins ally'd, There's eldership on Truth's delightful side.
- 1829, Walter Raleigh, The works of sir Walter Ralegh:
- It followeth now to entreat how the world began to receive rule and government, which, while it had scarcity of people, underwent no other dominion than paternity and eldership.
- The position or office of being an elder.
- The smallest administrative division in Lithuania, equivalent to a ward.
- (Lithuanian ward): elderate